Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

06 June 2011

Intro Part One: Been There, Done That

To start, I would like to point out that I was not someone who was raised Amish, or in an incredibly sheltered home where music wasn't allowed or anything like that. I heard my share of secular music growing up and the older I got the more risque and morbid my music selections became. I fell pretty hard into a lot of music that no one in their right mind should be listening to, and looking back it almost freaks me out that I was so calloused to what I heard in the lyrics that I began thinking that acts of anger and sometimes violence, sexual promiscuity, and hardcore swearing were OK. And in today's society, yes, they often are. However, that does not make them right. Although I don't believe that music is the only cause of immorality, I do believe that it plays an enormous part in the downfall of the young men and women in the world today.

Believe me, music does play a great part in the way you live your life. If you choose to listen to music that spouts out lyrics full of violence and sexual immorality, you will be more likely to live that type of lifestyle. Some of the secular music I listened to transformed me to into a person that my friends and family didn't even recognize. I began to become very bitter and aggressive towards my parents and sister. I chose friends who pulled me down even more. I began getting deep into self mutilation. So many things that I know were cause by the infulence of the music that I was listening to, playing off my own sinful nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment