| heart the mouth speaks." That was Jesus's way of saying "garbage in, garbage out", and when you think about it, you can't really deny it's truth. When you hang around friends who swear and speak bad about others, of course you're going to follow along. The same applies to the music you listen to. When you listen to the same lyrics, spilling the same message day in and day out, you will become more and more like the artists portrayal of how they live their lives. Am I saying that all secular music is wrong and that you should only listen to hymns? Certainly not! I love me some Attack! Attack! and Colbie Calliat just as much as the next girl. (Two extremes, I know, but just for examples.) The line does need to be drawn somewhere, however, and when your mind and heart are under attack by words that promote things that common sense and conscience tells you is wrong, draw it there! Don't continue on and become so hard hearted that eventually your ability to pick out right from wrong vanishes. It's really hard to get it back, trust me! I understand how my Bible quoting and conscience invasion can be a little hard to take in and annoying for some of you out there, but I am asking you to please give my blog a try. It's my hope that just one person out there will read it and be changed like I was about my views on the mainstream movement. Whether you believe in God or not, I pray that somehow He will do a great work in my blog and I use it all to His glory! So, with that said, I suppose I'll end this intro and get to the real core of the blog. Reviewing popular artists and their music. Keep an open mind!! |
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
06 June 2011
Intro Part Two: Garbage in, Garbage out
In Matthew 12:34 it says, ". . . how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds good to me!! ~Sissy
ReplyDelete